Welcome to the Annual Spartan Championship!
An annual fall Spartan Production.
2019 Spartan Championship Winners
Game of Throw Ins
Min/Max 4/8 teams per division of Mens/Womens/COED/U20 COED
Games are officiated and insured, thus:
- No slide tackles
- No jewelry
- Full gear is required (shin guards, shorts, socks, soccer cleats)
- Teams must provide their own matching numbered jerseys and alt jersey/pinnie set
- 9v9 (includes keeper) with 2X25 minute halves
- Team fee covers 25 players
- COED teams must field 3 girls minimum
- Players are allowed to play on COED and another division (you're gonna be crazy exhausted, though. Think of the bragging rights!)
- Registered teams must provide a team roster 1 week prior to event
- No refunds after Sept 1
This is an open tourney to all Albertans.
We do everything online and provide each team the full version of TeamSnap for this tourney to manage their team - use it as this is how we manage the event, too.
Spartan follows FIFA rules with some modifications for Spartan COED as FIFA does not have rules for COED.
To secure your team spot (no charge)
Mens, Womens, COED (drop down menu)
Early bird fee: 1K by August 20 and ordered event jerseys
Regular fee: $1200 with a cut off deadline Sept 8 and delayed event jerseys.
While you can play with a team of minimum size, we strongly encourage building a roster of 18 as this is a game of endurance.
* In the event of unavoidable field closures, the Spartan Championship Tournament may be moved to a different date. We ask that players and teams be understanding as such a change is out of our hands and up to the facilities or cities with whom we have bookings. With our sincere regrets, refunds cannot be issued.
3rd Annual Spartan Championship Tournament
The tourney that marked the birth of Spartan was on Sept 16, 2017.
This is an annual game of endurance featuring back-to-back-to-back series games.
We play in the Edmonton Soccerdome, Canada’s largest Indoor dome, featuring the best turf field available.
The dome is so huge it allows us to stage 3 (9v9) games simultaneously
Teams that make it through after Day 1 will play a final (single) match next day for Cups and gold, silver, bronze for all divisions.
Each player gets: Meal and drink on game day (vendor TBA), Signature event sport jersey for event and guaranteed 3 games
Payments are online only. We do not accept cheques. Team managers pay a team fee to roster a max of 25. If managers wish their players to pay individual, we can help with that, too.
Will there be cash prizes?
No. The objective of the tournament is to create a fun experience that everyone gets the most out of. Therefore, funds have been put into facilities, equipment, food, drinks, and free jerseys. These are things that all participants get to enjoy, along with a great atmosphere.
Cash prizes increase costs to players, and often create an atmosphere that is too focused on winning, and doing whatever it takes to do that, including becoming overly aggressive or bending/breaking rules. It also encourages a more desperate win-loss attitude that can spoil the experience for the teams who don't come in first.
Instead, we'd much rather see participants focused on doing their best, meeting new people, working on teamwork, and having fun.
Will charities be involved?
At this time, the Spartan Championship is not a fundraising event. We're currently aiming to keep costs down for players. But stay tuned for other events in the future which may explicitly raise funds for great organizations.